Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pray Part Two

Sigh. So here's the brighter side to the story.


While my sisters and I were at McDonald's, we were talking about the whole situation. It was weird, because even through the whole thing my mom wanted to make dinner. So we decided that we weren't going to let our mom cook, I would. We went over to Safeway and started to buy the ingredients the chicken breast, mash potatos, gravy, cake mix, cupcake holders, ice cream, and salad.


Once we got home, we cranked up the music and started cooking. I was working on dinner and Crystal was working on dessert. Haha, I find it really weird to touch raw meat, but this was for my family. I started cutting up the chicken and then got the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs all out. Putting the flour on the chick was fine, no biggie. But, when I got to the egg and the bread crumbs my hands felt all nasty. After all 5 pieces were done, the frying began. The air was a weird mixture of chocolate cupcakes and chicken, it was nice, it felt like being in a chef's kitchen again. Then our mom and dad came out and they were looking at us, but I guess they knew what we were up to. Haha, our dad started talking to our mom if there was salad for dinner, then our mom was like, "Oh I'll make some." Exactly at the same time all 3 of us said, "Don't worry mom, we got it. We already bought salad. We have everything under control." Haha, it was weird. While the chicken and the cupcakes were frying / baking, we started on the gravy and mash potatos.


After 2 hours from start to finish, everything was done. The table was set for 5, there was chicken on the right side of the plate, mash patatos on the left side, and on the bottom was room for salad.
Everyone was called to the dinner table and we all sat down. I was kinda scared to try my own food because this was the first time I ever made this, so there could be something wrong with this. My dad started to dig in, then my mom and my sisters. I cut a piece of chicken and started eating it. It tasted so good that I smiled. I asked everyone how was the chicken and everyone loved it. I was pretty proud of myself. Perfection at the first try.

No comments: