Monday, May 11, 2009

A Year In The Making

The Vietnamese Student Association Officer Board of 2009 - 2010 met for the first time on Wednesday.

As much as I wanted the room to be just us, there were other people in the room. The feeling - or should I say pressence - that I felt was a good one. We all introduced ourselves and talked for a bit about things to come and there was no awkwardness or anything because everyone pretty much knew each other. Here are your officers for the upcoming year:

VSA President - Daniel Nguyen
VSA Co-Vice Presidents - Lana Le & Rebecca Chung
VSA Secretary - Jenny Nguyen
VSA Co-Publicity - Doreen Tran & Kevin Tat
Activites Commissioner - Nancy Bui

I love how it's just the Class of 2010. Our next meeting is coming up and shit, I'm not going to sit back and enjoy the ride. I expect things out of each and every one of these officers. They were chosen because they were the best out of the best and that's all I want to see from them and nothing else. No drama. No procatination. No fucking around. I might sound like a bitch, but after everything I've seen and been through, I'm not going to make the same mistakes. Sure we'll have our downfalls, but it's going to be a downfall because we tried, not because we sat there bickering about stupid stuff. Haha, if one of you guys are reading this before Wednesday, yeah expect something different from me at that meeting because I'm stepping it up.

No comments: