Monday, May 4, 2009

Hello Again. . .

It's been exactly 1 month, 3 weeks, and 2 days since I've last written here.

But, before I get started I bet you're all wondering, "Where has Daniel Nguyen been for these past 7 weeks and 2 days?". Apparently I've been living life, haha. I could write a whole book on what I have been doing or secretly try and go back to post the events to their original dates and hope no one would notice, but nah. What happened in those 7 weeks will stay the way they are unless they are needed to be mention in more detail. And, I tried to change my blog layout so that it's a bit different, but who am I kidding? It's crap, haha, when I'm not lazy I'll fix it up. Also, I'm only going to put one entry instead of displaying the whole journal because I don't really like some of the previous entries and I'm trying to stop the habit of hiding / deleting them, so if I don't see them, then they're not there. So, if you're just joining this crazy world of mines, you're going to have to go back to the beginning and fill yourself in.

Last night was finishing up my C.H.A.M.P. Video Project and as I laid there in bed waiting for the all the components to come together as one video, Crystal and I had an interesting discussion about my future, which put me in the blogging mood. After AP English Testing is over, apparently we have a assignment called I-Search, where we research a topic that you're interested in and you write the history on the topic and interview people or try to apply yourself to it. I laid there thinking, what am I going to write about? What brings great interest to me? For some odd reason, I wanted to do dancing. There was just something about that topic that I wanted to explore. As Crystal was telling me the things I could do about dancing for my I-Search, she said, "It's going to ask you why you chose the topic", and knowing Ms. Courey I couldn't just put it as, "It brings great interest to me." So what was it about the essence of dancing that I wanted to write and research about it? It came to me in less than a minute. Passion. Watching dancers dance, it's their passion that I admire. Spending hours learning or creating choreography, perfecting their moves so that it's precise, crisp, and clean, they way they freestyle as if dancing was easy as breathing. This thought lead me to realize, I'm not passionate about anything. Many people assume that Daniel Nguyen has figured out what he wants to do with his life, cooking. Not true. I seem to do cooking just because I do it. It's more of an interest than something I want to do with my life. I compare myself with others and their skill surpasses mine, and you might say well that's why you learn and practice to become better, but I don't have the "will" to improve myself. Crystal said that we're the type has that drive, but no passion.

So where do I find "passion"? I've decided that this summer will: Explore. Discover. Become. As weird and dumb that sounds, I think there was a reason why I went to Fresno to FHA-Hero. I'm going to spend my summer finding out who I really am and what I want to do with my life. I'm not sure what's going to happen in the future, but whatever it is, I'm going to live it up. :D

No comments: