A generalization on school, I've taken Junior year a little too lightly. I need to start focusing more in class and manage my time better. Senior year is just around the corner and the street over is college. Procrastination is a bitch and failing is a fucker. I have yet to fail any of my classes, but I know I can do so much better and I'm going to show it. I don't want to hear my parents complain and tell me that I'm not going to make it in life, they're wrong. I don't want to make excuses to people about why I got what I got. Hard work and determination are one of the keys to success.
Vietnamese Student Association (VSA), the never ending club of fun, drama, and stress. Who would have ever though just signing up for one club could change your life forever? Not me. VSA has brought a whole different side of me out to the world. It taught me that you do things because you believe in them and that one person can make a difference in the world. Finish everything on your plate because somewhere out there some child can finish what you have left. Not just life lessons, but lessons to take to the real world. To Christina Hoang, Crystal Nguyen, Anthony Salvador, Erica Chow, and Melfred Ignacio: I know we were not perfect and we didn't get along as well together, but we accomplished something that we were so close to losing. I know I've said it many times before, but once again thank you. Now to Anna Le, Hanh Le, Lana Le, Nancy Bui, Rebecca Chung, Dan Nguyen: We are far from being perfect or even being a team. I have to admit that. We still have a long way to go before our term is up and we need to learn how to either put our problems aside or stand up to each other. Whatever happens in the next 6 months, we have to face it as a team and not individually. I have great faith that if we work hard to accomplish great heights, we can show everyone that VSA isn't just about Visions of Vietnam. We're more than that, so let's prove it.
Speaking of life lesson, my first real summer job was pretty much a thrill. Visiting Great America many times as a kid, I never thought that I would ever work there. From the application process to being hired was all new to me, and now having the experience helps me for future jobs. Though routines were pretty much the same, something new would happen each day. Man, being sent "in-park" was always a fear. But you know what, in the end, it turned out alright. You learn to work hard and get rewarded. Also if it wasn't for Great America, I would have never gotten to see Kaba Modern and get hug from Yuri, haha suckers. However, I am never ever working there again, unless I'm desperate.
As they say, friends come and go. But you know, that's not always true. There are the rare people that find a friend that stick with them through thick and thin, and lucky enough I found two of them. Nancy Bui, what can I really say about this girl? We're always seen together in the morning, during class, at lunch, after school, on the weekends, sometimes even online. Nancy, you've really become my twin and I don't know what I would have done these past few years without you. Let's continue our crazy adventures until we graduate high school, and who knows, maybe even in college during a break we'll go wild. I'm pretty sure there have been times that you've wanted to kill me (or something close to that), but you know, there have also been times when I wanted to kill you too, haha. But you know, I can't always run to Nancy for everything. Matt Fong, this boy is a little crazy right here. Though we've only known each other for a short time, you became a pretty good friend to me. You were there when I had my crazy, sad, or stressed out nights. You've given support to me no matter what I put my heart into, whether it's cooking or singing. I was able to run to you when I had relationship problems. I'm glad that I can return the favor back to you when you need it too, thanks. Oh, I'm really glad to hear that you're not juggling anymore, haha. Live out your Senior year to it's fullest. Nancy & Matt, you should always know that I'll always be here for you if you need someone to talk to or make you laugh when you're down, someone to give you a tissue when you're crying (no I will not slap you), a shoulder to lean on, or even a partner in crime. No one can ask for better best friends than you two.
Music has become an important factor in my life recently. There are songs that express how you feel, songs that make you dance, songs that make you cry, and songs that just take your breath away. As odd and weird it is, I have to thank the Wonder Girls. I was never really a music person, if I knew a song it was because my sisters have played it once or twice. But in the beginning of Sophomore year I discovered the Wonder Girls. Their first single "Irony" caught my eye, hearing that catchy tune, but it was "Tell Me" that changed everything. I even ended up performing "Tell Me" for Korean Club at the Multicultural Rally. Then "So Hot" came out and now it's the "Nobody" movement. People told me maybe I should try listening to more American music so I did. Now I'm listening to songs like Miss Independent by Ne-Yo or Damaged by Danity Kane. But, it was the Wonder Girls that inspired me to sing and dance more often. Most of you don't know, but I even tried out for my school's talent show, singing Wonder Girl's Nobody rewritten by Jeffrey Phung. Though I didn't make it, I'm happy that I tried out. Haha, now I just need to work on not being so nervous and maybe I'll do better. So don't mind me if I just randomly bust out a "Tell Me" or "Nobody" dance move. Thank you Wonder Girls, perhaps I'll meet you one day. Aja, fighting!
As most of you know, this year my Grandpa and my Uncle Lee died this year. It was the most tragic event that happen and it hit my family pretty hard, as my Uncle died right after my Grandpa. I don't want to dwell on this topic too much, but sometimes it hard to believe that they're gone, but it's just one of those things in life that you have to accept.
I'm Free
"Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God laid you see.
I took His hand when I heard him call
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
I found that place at the close of day.
If my parting has left a void
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss.
Ah, yes, these things, I too, will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow.
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much,
Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief,
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift your heart and share with me.
God wanted me now. He set me free."
--------------
Rest In Peace Grandpa and Uncle Lee.
--------------
Originally I wasn't going to mention anything about relationships, but I felt like I owed this person something. You know how sometimes how songs just remind you of people? Well I'm going to classify this person as a song. Every time I hear the song Just Dance by Lady Gaga, it reminds me of you. I don't know why, but it just does. Weird. I don't regret going out with you, it's just that I wish I did it for the right reasons. You were my escape to happiness at the time, I was scared to face reality and deal with the death of my Grandpa and Uncle. I'm sorry if I ever made you go through a hard time with our relationship, making you wait for me to come online and I would never show up. Earlier was I looking for something through our old conversations and I have to say I do miss you as a friend. You were a really good friend (and you're a "pretty girl" haha), always making me laugh because we would talk about the most random stuff. Oh and I don't hate you, haha. You shouldn't assume people will hate you for things. We never had closure so this can be goodbye or the start of something new (as corny as that sounds). I wish there was a way to know if you read this or not, but if you ever decided to talk to me, you know my SN and don't hesitate to IM me. Once again, I'm sorry.
Finally to sum this whole year up and this entry, how can I not mention my sisters? Tram Vu Mai Nguyen (Michelle) and Minh Chau Vu Mai Nguyen (Crystal). In the year 2008, we took another step in becoming closer to each other. Yes I know we have our times where we "dislike" each other, but you have to say, we're closer than any other siblings that we know. Michelle you always push me in the right direction when I'm about to take a wrong turn. You give me great advice when I'm lost and can't find my way, I'm happy to have you as my sister. Sorry that I annoy you at times asking for rides or listen to my singing that sounds like you're in womb or getting mad at you for stupid reasons. The list could go on, but I rather not. Crystal. What can I say about you? Hm. Uh. Er. Haha, I'm just kidding. You're closer to me than Michelle and majority of the time you experience life with me as it goes by. Elementary, Middle, and High School wouldn't have been the same if you weren't there. You give me support when I need it and sometimes I think without it, I wouldn't be who I am today. I'm sorry that I fall asleep on you when you talk to me at night or don't understand how you feel sometimes or scaring you when you drive the car. You two should know that I'll always love you and we have a pretty bright future ahead of us. NGUYEN SIBLINGS. <3
I hope to make new memories in 2009. Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment