Saturday, November 22, 2008

VSA Bonding Night

ThanksVietnamsian or VSA Bonding Night, turned out to be a pretty good success.

The doors exactly at 4 PM and people started to come in. Anna was collecting the money and I stamped people's hand with this Hello Kitty stamp that Rebecca got, haha. It was pretty cute. There were a lot more people than last year, so it was a pretty good turn out. I thought it was pretty funny how the members thought there was going to be food out and ready to eat for them, but it was only snacks. Suckers. While I was sitting there with Anna, I got up really quick to go get a drink and then my phone got caught onto the table and my landyard ripped. But luckily Nancy saved it with her staples, haha. Twin. <3

4:30, the first game started. It was Rebecca's Scavenger Hunt. Man were people crazy or what? They were running and tripping over chairs, haha. That's when I remembered that Rebecca put find a VSA Officer on the list and I didn't want to be killed. So I hid behind the counter with Lana and we protected ourselves. Then all of a sudden you hear, " FIND A VSA OFFICER!", and a big rush and people were like, "Hey. . . where are they?", haha. Then we ate and watched our Mid-Autumn Festival video and then my sisters came in.


Second game. It was called, "Learn Vietnamese". Basically a Vietnamese person had to teach a Non-Vietnamese person whatever was written on the board (which would be in Vietnamese). Man, it was pretty sad. Some people couldn't even get the easiest stuff that we wrote on the board. You were lucky if you got a FOB, haha.

Third game. Everyone's favorite, Shipwreck. Crazy fun. People were sweating, which was kinda gross. Haha, everyone had to beat our 2 time winner Champion, Michael Nguyen. Guess what? Someone did, haha. If I'm correct, I think Mark won. I made them stuffer really bad. I kept shouting out different things hope to screw them up, but they were pretty good. Gots to give them props for that.Then we took some club pictures and an officer picture and went back to Nishio's room. We just hung out and talked a bit and I put up the banner that I made.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



"The Vietnamese Student Association wouldn't have been possible without the past leaders. It's their courage to rise above others and take charge of what needs to be done. Every officer board has had their bumps along the road, but it's those bumps that shape us into who we are. When we come to the end of the road, we must realize that we did not travel alone. Thank you to the past & present members who have put their hardwork and dedication into VSA. From the simple task of buying an eggroll or particapating in Visions of Vietnam, you've always been there to contribute your time and effort to us. Also we can never forget our one and only advisor, Mrs. Nishio." - Daniel Nguyen (Vice President, Class of 2010)

No comments: